I am literally so sore right now. Day two is always the worst:/ Being a dancer, soreness is part of the job, so today I’m going to show you a few ways that I cope with soreness. Disclaimer: I am obviously not a doctor, so these tips are not the be all end all. Always seek professional help when necessary.
- Drink lots of water. It’s really going to replenish your body, and just make you feel good.
- Try eating a banana. Potassium for the win!
- Get moving. This may sound counterintuitive, but getting your blood moving is going to make you feel better than laying on the couch with cold, stagnant muscles all day. Try some gentle stretching or a short walk.
- Spice up your food. Many spices, such as turmeric, garlic, ginger, and cayenne have anti inflammatory properties.
- Wait. If all else fails, time really is the best medicine. Muscles usually have a way of recovering on their own after a few days!
I am definitely going to be using these today since I have more ballet tonight!