Hi, fellow dancers! (And non-dancers, aka regular people;)
I wanted to do a short post about 3 simple workout that you can do at home, without equipment. I’m on break for dance this week, and I really love doing some different, non dance workouts for variety when I’m on break. Each workout targets a specific area of the body, so you can choose which one you want to do to strengthen your specific weakness.
Workout #1: Core
- Warm up: 25 crunches.
- Hold elbow plank for 1 minute, then hold downward dog for 30 seconds. Repeat 3x.
- 10 pushups (girl pushups or regular)
- 30 slow sit-ups.
- 10 leg lifts, head on ground, 10 more, head off ground
- Superman for 2 minutes. (Lying on stomach, arms and legs held off ground.)
- Cool down: 25 crunches
Workout #2: Arms and Back
- Warm up: 25 back lifts.
- Hold plank for 30 seconds, 5 pushups. Repeat 3x.
- 30 big arm circles.
- 30 medium sized arm circles.
- 60 small arm circles. (Arms will be burning by now;)
- Superman for 2 minutes.
- Cool down: 25 back lifts.
Workout #3: Legs and Feet
- Warm up: 25 releve`s. (Rising up onto toes, then lowering.)
- 25 small jumps with parallel feet
- 25 lunges
- 25 squats in second position
- 50 leg lifts
- 20 ankle circles on each foot
- Cool down: 25 releve`s
*Bonus: Post Workout Stretch (Only do when warm, otherwise you may pull a muscle.)
- Bend over, touch toes, plie` and stretch.
- Touch nose to feet in criss-cross applesauce.
- Deep lunges on both legs.
- Go into a bridge to stretch back.
- Go forward and back on splits, both sides.
- Hold straddle for 1 minute.
- Hold middle split for 1 minute.
- Heel stretches front, side, and back on both legs.
- Lay on floor, pull knee into chest, stretch up. 4x on each leg.
- Go into penche` with hands on floor, both legs. Hold as long as needed.
- Cool down: Lay on back, putting leg in posse`, allow hips to open. Both legs.
Tip: Remember to breathe! You won’t get much at all out of your workout if you don’t breathe. Your body needs oxygen!
I’ll be back with a new post this weekend! Let me know if you try one of these workouts!