In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past few days, you might not know that the east coast got hit with one of the biggest snowstorms ever! Currently snowed in….
So what do I do when I’m snowed in? I cook! I love experimenting with food when there’s nothing else to do on snow days, and all I want to eat is something warm and hearty. I’m not usually a huge meat eater, but I came up with this super simple chili yesterday and loved it! Enjoy!
1) 1 package of organic, grass fed ground beef
2) 3 cups of various beans(I used dried black, kidney, garbanzo, and pinto beans that I soaked overnight.)
3) 2 grated carrots
4) Handful of chopped parsley
5) 2 boxes of veggie broth
6) 1 jar of tomato sauce
7) 1 small jar of tomato paste
8) 2 chopped onions
9) 3 minced cloves of garlic
10) 1 teaspoon chili powder
11) 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
12) 2 teaspoons salt
13) 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
14) 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
15) 2 chopped avocados
Add ingredients 2-14 into a crockpot, and turn it onto the highest setting. Stir them until combined.
Cook ground beef in a pan over medium heat until brown, then add to the crockpot.
Step 3: Cook for 8 hours, or up to overnight, then serve with chopped avocado.