No matter what you do with your life, you have to admit that everyone has really bad days every now and then.
Since I’m a dancer, my worst day would probably look like a day where I can’t balance to save my life, or my muscles are really, really tight so I can’t do anything flexibility-wise. I also write, so some days I feel very uninspired and can’t think of anything at all. It’s so frustrating when your brain is just so tired that you cannot think of absolutely anything or do anything productive.
A few of the worst days I can remember would include the time I accidentally fell on my head and did a somersault in modern class, or the time I leapt straight into a wall in ballet class(Don’t ask). The main thing that matters in life is overcoming those mistakes and moving on. I happen to remember that on the day I leapt into the wall, I also had a very good pirouette later in class. It’s all about recovering, and becoming a better person because of it. Here’s my top 5 ways to turn your bad day around:
- Breathe. Seriously, just stop a second. Sit down and take a few good breaths. I like to use some calming essential oils, such as lavender, or basil oil from Young Living. A lot of times when we’re stressed out about something, we seriously forget to breathe and start hyperventilating. If you want to figure out how to fix a problem, your brain is going to need oxygen to do that!
- Music. Take out your phone, and play your all-time favorite song. This usually puts me in a better mood right away.
- Go outside. Take 5 minutes, and go jog around the block. It is sooooooo energizing!
- Read. Now that you’ve mostly calmed your brain down and you’re in a better mood, try to put something good into your brain. It can be a poem, a novel, a Bible verse, an article, or whatever. Just give yourself something positive to think about for the rest of the day.
- Create. Paint a picture, choreograph a dance, sing a song, write a story! Doing something creative is incrediblely helpful to distract yourself from whatever it is your stressed over.
After you’ve done all or some of these things, you can get back to work feeling refreshed and ready to tackle whatever life throws at you!
Comment below about your worst day and how you overcame it!