Happy late Thanksgiving!
So yesterday, we had a bunch of family in town, and we cooked an entire thanksgiving meal from scratch! I hadn’t done this in a few years, and I forgot how much work it is! Anyway, my favorite part of the meal was this apple crumb top pie that I made. I’m not a fan of pumpkin pie, so this was perfect for me!
Here’s the recipe:
1 prepared pie crust(I used a gluten free one)
5 large Granny Smith apples
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of flour(again I used gluten free)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 drop of lemon essential oil(optional)
1/2 cup flour (gluten free for us)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400. Peel and thinly slice apples.
- Mix the rest of the filling ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour filling on top of apples and mix together, then pour into prepared crust.
- Add all of the crumb topping ingredients into a small bowl and rub the butter into the dry ingredients with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the pie, then bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until the apples are soft.
This pie was soooo delicious! The apples had the perfect ratio of sweetness and tartness. I also topped it with whipped cream. Comment below about your favorite part of the thanksgiving meal! Now…onto Christmas!!!:)